Sunday, June 22, 2008

Trapped

Well today I was home for my parents thirtieth wedding anniversary. I thought that we were going to go out and have lunch at a nice restaurant with a bunch of my parents' friends and that would be it. Of course the plans were completely changed since I talked to mom last week. Now it was at my grandma's house (since grandma isn't well enough to go out) and it was now over five hours long. Oh my GOD. Five hours, and no one told me anything. I stupidly agreeded to ride with my parents and by doing so was stuck.

While I was stranded I saw the daughter of my mom's old friend. She is 18 and hopelessly shallow. Hearing her talk seriously made the vomit rise up the back of my throat. If that girl could text any more often or talk about how she deserved her own car, I would hit her. After half an hour of her vapid rantings I couldn't help thinking about how I had deeper conversations with her when she was six. So sad.

No comments: