Monday, June 11, 2007

Once a dork always a dork

Well in the last few weeks my mom has gotten out of the hospital (again) and I have started back to work. I really was so thankful to get back to work. Anything that helped me get back to a life that was a little more normal. Granted work kinda sucks, but you can't have everything. I did get some really great news in the last few weeks, my friends Jon and Maria are going to have another baby. I am so happy for them, so far all they know is that it is due in mid December.

Also my extra week off work resulted in my getting promoted being delayed more than a week. Supposedly I can take care of that by visiting and observing at another store on Thursday. Which means I can have slightly less mediocre pays and an equally sad and sorry title.

It my time waiting in hospital waiting rooms I read most of the comics I bought on vacation and started a book called "Jerks at Work" which I found a little less funny than I thought, but good enough to pass the time. I also found a bunch of old pictures from my junior prom and work pictures from work. I was very ugly in high school and had really bad hair. It was sad. Nothing like spending time at home and finding reminders that you were always a dork.

5 comments:

colonel eggroll said...

The pictures of me from the junior high/high school era are horrendous. My clothes are terrible, my glasses are huge, and I look like a dweeb.

I'd like to think that that's all changed. =) Although I still act like a dweeb.

That's a wierd word.

Winter said...

Julia, you dweeb, you totally spelled weird wrong.

Steve, glad that things have gotten back towards 'normal'. If you feel like you weren't missed or your absence didn't mean anythiing at work, you're wrong. Layla told me "I'm so glad that both of you guys are back!" the other day.

And c'mon we all were awkward in high/middle school.

colonel eggroll said...

Yeah, I know. I was too lazy to correct it. You guys know what I mean.

lucy said...

I was a dork in school and I regret none of it.

None of it.

Steve said...

I only regret the knowing now how bad I looked. I must have been blind or not owned a mirror.