Monday, August 06, 2007

Birthday parties, Cash, and Freedom

Well I joined some of the people from work for Becky's birthday party. It started at our place and a few games. The game we started to play eventually progressed into a game of charades, which I won. After some people leaving we walked downtown to the bars. We had some drinks and a few laughs before the end of the night.

The next morning I drove back to my parents' house. My parents will be moving soon, and now I have to take everything I left when I moved out 5 years ago. While packing up a ton of comic books and other old junk I found a box from my high school graduation party. I was being a little sentimental and looked through the old cards. The first one I picked up had a fifty dollar bill in it. I looked through the other cards and found a total of seventy-five dollars and a thirty dollar check from my uncle who died five years ago.

Apparently I forgot to pull out all the money when I packed everything up after the part seven years ago. I used my newly found cash to pay for part of the digital camera I've been wanting. I am glad I found the money, but feel really stupid for misplacing it for seven years.

I won't know if I passed my last class and graduated until Thursday. I don't really want to know now. All I know is that I am done with college. I have no desire or money to go back even if I failed. If I did I think I would loose my will to live. I refuse to keep working for something that has made me feel like shit for eight years.

No comments: