Thursday, March 08, 2007

Promotions and Plots

Well work has been a battle lately. Monday I came in and I had only two out of six people actually show up. One called off, one was in the hospital, one had a friend who committed suicide, and one person was scheduled when they went home for spring break. I called Laura from our store on the other side of town and we met up to talk after we both got off. After talking and complaining until almost 4 we both felt better.

Tuesday we had our manager meeting. It was then that they dropped a bomb, our co-manager had been offered the GM position at another store. The biggest shock was that he turned it down. You see this manager doesn't exactly hide the fact that he to be General Manager, in fact he seems power mad at times. It turns out the major reason for him turning it down was that it was over a 45 minute drive each way. Now my first comment when I heard this was to shout "I'll go, I'll go." like I was a little kid. I am so willing to drive nearly a half hour everyday to make an extra $7000 a year.

Yesterday I found out that he also turned down the position hoping that our GM would be sent to the other store and he would be our new GM. This does mean I would move up the ladder and make $2000 more a year, but I would answer directly to him and that could be difficult. I like the guy just fine, but as it is now he is my boss but he isn't the main person in charge. I just find that I enjoy the freedom I have with our current GM and am not quite ready to give that up no matter how much money I get. This job sucks.

1 comment:

Winter said...

C'mon, you know you want to be the Radish King's right hand man! Admit it! ;)