Sunday, July 15, 2007

A Blah Day

Well today has been a day full of doing things I hate to do. I woke up too late to go to church, so I decided to be useful and get everything done around the apartment that I have wanted to get done for weeks. I have done dishes, cleaned the garbage can, did some extreme cleaning on my bathroom, did all my laundry, and cleaned my closet and bedroom. The last project was the worst. I still don't know if I am really done, I just know it is a lot better than before. I thought having a walk in closet would be a great thing. I must have assumed that this meant I could get more clothes, because I have. Last August when we moved in I only needed half of the closet and know it is almost completely full. I know this means I need to part with some clothes, but I finally feel like I have clothes that I like and don't feel like giving up anything, except maybe my uniforms, they take up a lot of space.

I also sat down and finished applying for a consolidation loan for my student loans. The hope is that I can somehow can get to amount that I can afford to pay every month. I was glad to find out even without my dad cosigning that I should be able to consolidate. I just want my parents completely out of my financial situation. Having my dad call me whenever I forget to pay the student loan sharks is annoying as hell.

Also dealing with money I did something really stupid with about fifteen dollars of mine today. I finally downloaded music from itunes. I think I have sold my soul to the corporate gods, but I found some music that I couldn't find anywhere else. I feel stupid for it, but the more I listen to the songs the less I care.

3 comments:

Winter said...

Don't feel guilty about snagging some new music. It's always worth it to get those songs you've been wanting but couldn't find.

colonel eggroll said...

I love itunes! You can buy a ton of stuff on there, and it also helps find new music that you might not hear otherwise.

Steve said...

I don't feel too guilty since I got an album I can't find anywhere for only 7.99. I just need to stop while I am ahead, I don't have the money to buy every song I can find.