Friday, July 06, 2007

Stupid Insane People are Everywhere

Today was pretty much a normal Friday at work. We were busy and then at around 2 everything calms down. Well at about 3 I was getting something to eat when the phone rang. Since I was the closest manager to the phone I picked it up and answered it. The next thing I know I have some crazy old lady getting upset with me. This is not uncommon, but her complaint was. She was upset because a register person asked her how she was doing. I was floored. I explained to her that they were just trying to be nice. That didn't help. She then began a 5 minute long rant about how asking her how her how she was doing was an invasion of privacy. I could just not reason with her, telling her that she was not obligated to answer was no help. She demanded that I stop anyone in the store from every asking that question again. I tried to let her know that I could not begin to guaranty that and then she demanded the number for our company office and said she would never be back.

I still just don't get it. We make our employees be nice and we get complaints that a totally insane. I just ought to let my crew people ask, "What the hell to you want?" I could work better

2 comments:

colonel eggroll said...

I still think saying "welcome to wendy's fuck you" would be a great way to start orders.

Winter said...

You know damn well that half the time they aren't even listening to you. One time C. answered the headset with "Welcome to Wendy's would you like to try some vaginal intercourse?" The girl just said "No thanks" all cheery like and proceded with her order.