Sunday, November 12, 2006

College Towns Suck

I have grown accustomed to life in a college town after more than four years in BG, but I have admit that I hate this town. The fact that since it is a Saturday night means that I have to be kept awake by screaming drunks running down the street is my breaking point. Maybe at two or three in the morning I expect it, but at midnight? What kind of cheap drunk are you to be wasted and walking home at midnight?

The massive drinking aside I still hate this town. The locals are the most horrible results of inbreeding that I can imagine. I seriously think that someone decided to put a college here as a joke. Really how can one little town have so many people with Phd's and IQ's under 25?

Then my final point of contention is the fact that since this is a college town no one thinks that they need to pay anyone reasonable wages. I understand not paying an unreliable useless person much, but why not the hard working people with experience? Just because you have people who will work for less doesn't mean they are the best people for the job.

1 comment:

colonel eggroll said...

Hey, you can have my neighbors. He beats bongos arythmically all weekend long and then invites his buddies over for some homoerotic wrestling. I want to beat him to death with his own drum.