Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving

Well Thanksgiving is over, thank you Jesus. It was an especially awkward year for me since I was asked the usual questions, "When are you graduating?", "Do you still work at Wendy's?", "What do you mean you don't eat meat?". Nothing like family to make you feel even more like a looser. By the end of the meal I thought of shooting myself in the head.

Aside from the "lovely" conversation it wasn't really so bad I guess. I got a ton of laundry done for free, I had two days in a row off of work, and I got to see my family. I was also reminded how invisible I can be to my own family. I guess I don't stand out so much. I'm not the trouble maker, or the criminal, or anything that stands out so much. My Aunt Louanne didn't even know I was there for half an hour. Also I find it weird how at every holiday people, including my own father forget that I have been a vegetarian for a decade now. My family is so observant.

The next day I finally am getting ready to leave for BG and get a call from work saying that the grill is down and they are short handed. I give them the best advise that I can on how to fix and spend the next 4 hours dreading going to work. Finally, when I go to work I am greeted by smorgesborg of crap. Nothing is done, service times suck, and everyone still needs a break. At least then I knew my dread was justified. Anyway we got by and made it work with significantly less bitching than the manager I took over for.

1 comment:

colonel eggroll said...

You no eat meat? What kind of man are you?

Just kidding.

Thanks for going bowling with us, it was fun! Hope things get better at work.